Realistic Mustang Makeover RolePlay

Let your imagination reign!

Realistic Mustang Makeover RolePlay

Postby Mane Event Equine » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:51 am

This thread is for those who have signed up ONLY. Please don't join part way through and disrupt the script. Thank you!! If you notice this when we have just started PM me in game, and I will let you know if we can fit you in! :)

Mane Event Equine

Theme- Once again the annual Youth/Yearling Mustang Makeover is coming to Kentucky. Nearly All of the youth at Mane Event Equestrian Center are planning on Applying to become a youth trainer this year. Young trainers will have 90 days to gentle and train (in-hand only), a once wild Mustang yearling. They will learn to transition from wild to our well known domestic lives. At the end of this 90 day time frame, the selected youth will bring their young horses to a designated location for a final challenge to show the general public what both horse and handler have accomplished. Should the youth trainer choose or not be able to keep their horse, they will offer them for re-homing through social media and a public adoption process. The auction process these horses will be offered through is via competitive bid. All horses are to be gentled in a caring nurturing environment and only through humane practices. All youth trainers selected will be between the ages of 8-18. This year, only 36 spots are available and only 10 pens are available at Mane event equestrian center, and the final competition is being held at Frankfort Farm in Frankfort, KY.

Characters RP (see sign up thread for more info)-

Trainer 1. Rider, Male. Mustang Name- Necromancer (AKA Grim)(geld) Other horse (Optional)- Pyromaniac (Pyro) (stallion)
Trainer 2. Elizabeth (Lizzy), Female. Mustang name- Alban (geld) Other horse (optional)- Vendetta (Ven) (Mare)
Trainer 3. Alexander (Alex), Male. Mustang name- Caster (Geld) Other horse (optional)- None
Trainer 4. Christmas Joy (Joy), Female. Mustang name- Festa(mare) Other horse (optional)- Champ (stallion)
Trainer 5. LeAnne, Female. Mustang Name- Gentry (mare). Other horse (optional)- none

REMINDER- In addition to regular game rules please follow these-

You must use decent grammar and spelling so we can understand what you are saying.

This is a REALISTIC RP no talking horses, Pegasus or unicorns.

Romance is ok, but only if both players are alright with it, and it is kept to a minimum

If you need to break character do it in parentheses to ask questions.

If you want to leave the RP Please write "I don't want to play anymore, then please play along until we can get you
smoothly out of the script without interruption (ex you can get disqualified or something something)
Last edited by Mane Event Equine on Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mane Event Equine

Re: Realistic Mustang Makeover RolePlay

Postby Mane Event Equine » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:24 pm

We left Mane Event Equestrian Center in Lexington, KY at 9 am to make the 2 hour trek to Horse cave, KY to pick up my mustang. I sat down in a huff in the passenger seat of our large truck and put in my ear buds, The song "Fallen Angels," blasted my ear drums. My Mom had volunteered to take LeAnne, who was one of our boarders too, I watched her climb in the back seat when she arrived. I could barley hear My mom and her chatting away and I turned my music up louder. I glanced in the side mirror and winced at what I saw, Mom didn't want the mustang to bang up one of our "fancy" 8 horse climate controlled trailers, so we had to borrow some hunk of junk from one of our boarders here at Mane Event Equestrian. I wouldn't admit it, but I felt a twinge of excitement as we pulled out of the drive way and onto the open road. I loathed road trips, But maybe this mustang wouldn't be such a bad thing after-all. I watched the sea of endless nothing go by in the window of our truck. After what seemed like days the truck finally crunched over the gravel driveway and arrived at the BLM mustang holding facility. I looked around, it seemed we were the first ones there since mom "didn't want to be late." I glanced at the clock and groaned when I realized we were an hour early. Mom pulled out my ear bud and asked if I wanted to take a look around with her. "No." I said, mad that she had been so rude to pull out my headphone. I crammed my headphone back in and watched as She and LeAnne departed to look at the hundreds of mustangs in various pens.
Mane Event Equine

Postby Arabian Heritage » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:38 pm

LeAnne's stomach felt so light with nervous butterflies dancing as she stepped up into the backseat of the large truck. Her face sported a bright, pearly smile as she greeted both women and son as she closed the door. "Thanks again for the ride!" She chirped to the women buckling her seatbelt. "Hello, Biet." She said touching his shoulder but once given the no response, she shrugged him off and continued to chat with his mother. The ride to Horse Cave seemed much farther away than just two hours. I guess when you're as excited as LeAnne was, anytime can seem like an eternity. The BLM mustang holding facility was a lot more than the young girl had expected. There were dozens of horses spaced out in many more pens than she wanted to count. Their colors varied that much as well. When the truck pulled to a stop, she wasted no time hopping out the truck to explore. LeAnne's black cowboy hat shielded her hazel eyes from the morning sun as she walked between the pens. Her brown boots kicked up a trail of dust as she strolled along leisurely.

My definition of love is being willing to die for someone that you yourself want to kill.

Like, if someone broke into my house and held a gun at someone I love I would jump in front of them like, "Wait, don't shoot! ... Let me do it."
Arabian Heritage

Postby Mane Event Equine » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:38 pm

Many more trucks and trailers began to arrive. I recognized Lizzy and Alex from our barn. Lizzy gave me a wave and Alex nodded to me, but I pretended not to notice. Instead I stared into the growing crowd of people. I heard a knock on the door, "what" I yelled pulling my headphones out. "Rider, it is time to check in now," my mother said softly. "Fine," I grumbled as I followed her into line. There must have been 3 dozen or so youth trainers standing around waiting for the meeting and debriefing to begin. As I stepped up to the man behind the desk, he eyed me wearily. "Name,' ? He asked in a gruff voice. "Rider Kenevavitch," I replied. He handed me a sheet of paper, and had me sign it. Mom had to fill out some adoption paperwork and then the man handed me a tag. You have been assigned mustang #167073. Please wait here and a meeting will begin shortly.

"hello everyone, please gather around." A BLM wrangler announced a sort while later. "I am sure you are all very excited to begin your new journey with a unhandled mustang yearling! All of you should have gotten a copy of the rule book at check in. It is vital you follow these rules, and only use safe, nurturing, and caring methods to train your mustangs. If it is found that you don't follow all rules then you will be removed from competition and your mustang will be seized. You all should also have a tag with your mustang's # on it. In a few minutes I will release you and you can go find your mustang. All youth mustangs will be in one of those three pens, he pointed to three pens on the edge of the property. Keep out of the pens and wait for assistance. When it is time, we will send the horses through a cute, administer final vaccinations, dewormer, and attach a halter if you wish. All mustangs are either geldings or mares, and you will be given an information packet for your horse that includes care tips, training tips, age, gender, and dates of gelding if applicable, dental work, farrier care, etc. All of these mustangs have been sedated at least once and had all of their care completed. Once your Mustang is tamed, you will be responsible for administering further care, or having a vet sedate your horse, for further care if it is needed before you are able to tame your horse. I wish all of you the best of luck, and I can't wait to see you in Frankfort for the final competition."

Mom led LeAnne and I over to the pens, we had no info on these mustangs, except for a number and we were supposed to pick them out of one of three pens who each housed a dozen horses. Great, I thought. After about 15 minutes, my eyes settled on the neck tag of a large black gelding with a white star, I stepped up to the fence and read his number. I looked down at my tag to double check, and the numbers matched. Our eyes met briefly, and we stared at each other for a couple seconds before he left the herd, and charged the fence with teeth bared. I held my ground and he reared in protest, before spinning around and leading the herd in another gallop around the paddock.
Mane Event Equine

Postby Des » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:43 pm

I sat in the front seat of a black ford truck. My mom , Charon, sat in the front with her elbow hanging out this window, and the radio playing. With the windows rolled down, and my hair blowing around like crazy, I looked out the window while singing with the song. Ranchs, pastures, and open field wentry by as we drove to Horse Cave. The amazing country-side was amazing, horses cows, sheep, and even goats could be seen from where I sat. I looked at my phone, it had been about 1 hour and 45 minutes since we left Mane Event and it felt like we just left. As we pulled up to BLM I could see that LeAnne, and Beit where already here, as soon as the car was parked I looked to see what time it was, and was surprised we have twenty minutes to spare. I jumped out and walked over to one of the pens, one mustang stallion read and neighed at me, his hooves pawing in th air. I stepped back and walked away. My white cowboy hat, pink plaid shirt, and blue jeans blew in the breeze as I walked around the holding facility. I walked over to where we where told to be. I was so excited, a man asked me what my name was I answered "Christmas Joy Rider." The man's eyes grew wide "That is quite the name Miss Joy. You mustangs number is #204388." The man handed me a little card with my number on it. "Thanks!" I said as I headed to stand with the group.
Des

Postby Mane Event Equine » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:05 pm

I went to find someone to let him know that I had located my Mustang in pen three. I was told that all of the mustangs from pens 1 and 2 had to be loaded up first, and then they would assist me. I was mad... this could take hours. I sat down on a large boulder outside of the pens, put my head phones in and watched this, ok "my", crazy mustang run around the pasture like an idiot, encouraging all of the other horses to do the same. Pretty soon they started loading up the mustangs from pen one, I looked around and saw everyone from our barn standing near paddock three's fence. I assumed they had put all of the mustangs from our barn into the same pen, in case we were carpooling, or mom tipped them off earlier. When they where down to the last couple of horses in pen 2, LeAnne and I went to the trailer to grab the halters we had brought, that were to be put on the horses in the chutes before loading. I picked up my new leather halter with a blank name plate that mom had bought for my mustang. Traditionally rope halters are put on the horses, but since they won't break if the horse gets caught or panics, we figured leather was the best option. "is your horse any good," I mumbled to LeAnne.
Last edited by Mane Event Equine on Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mane Event Equine

Postby Des » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:01 pm

I looked around all three pens, I looked at every horses number before spotting mine in pen two the horse was a chestnut mare with pretty white markings. I ran back to my trailer to put all the book and packets back, I also grabbed a black rope halter with a black lead. I walked over to tell them I found my mustang. They said that it would be a few minutes, because they have to get the horse sout of pen one before going onto pen two. I nodded then walked back to the pen and waited. Soon after pen 1 was done the people started to move out pen two. Two gus came to collect the halter one by as the horse ran though the sute.
Des

Postby Kimi » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:28 pm

Tan fingers weaved through hair soft as silk, the strands normally dark but in the light of the sun shined with golden layers, her fingers quickly french braided two rows that fell across her shoulders and ended just above her hips. She gently situated her white cowgirl hat atop her head and placed a pair of Aviator sunglasses over her eyes to shield her irises from the blinding colors that surrounded her. Excitement bubbled in her gut as she walked with Alexander, who was keeping quiet as normal, to the pens where they were told their mustangs were kept. They approached what she assumed was pen 3 and Elizabeth easily spotted her gelding, a simple chestnut with a white patch on his forehead and a snip on his mouth. He gazed around himself with ears perked and tension in his gait as he trotted the length of the fence where as Alexander's gelding, a grey with no self-diminishing markings along his coat, stood off to the side gazing at his surroundings seemingly in boredom.

Elizabeth jokingly nudged her brother's side with a slim elbow and pointed at the two, "At-least we aren't stuck with the crazy ones." She snorted in laughter but silenced herself when she saw Rider watching a particular mustang that was practically in-sighting mayhem within the pen and others around it, all were affected except for Alexander's gelding of course who only moved in order to kick out at any that got up in his personal space. She assumed that that was the one he would be training. That one would definitely be fun to train for the next couple of months, she though to herself in amusement.

(Sorry for the late post, I just saw Rogue One! :D)
"Do or Do Not, there is no try."
~Yoda
Kimi

Postby Mane Event Equine » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:00 pm

They sent our mustangs into the chutes one by one. My boy put up quite the fight, and it took 4 men on horses to get him into the chutes. Once in, he thrashed and kicked, I was a bit worried that he would hurt himself or get out. They stuck him with a needle and shoved dewormer into his protesting mouth. I handed my halter to one of the men trying to hold him down. He pulled it on roughly and sent him though to the next waiting chute. The cowboy looked and be and let out a grunt. "Have fun with that one... boy." he said as I glared at him. LeAnne's Mustang was behind Mine, they got them in line for the chute so it would be easier to load them together. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Joy's trailer leaving to head back to the barn. Mom and I had spent the last couple of weeks preparing the pens for mustangs to live safety. We set up 10 different large pens with 7 foot panels and a 3 sided loafing shed in each. We also set up a sort of large chute she we can let the mustangs out of their pens and into one of the round pens on either side of the aisle.

(My crappy 10 minute drawing to give a visual.)

Last edited by Mane Event Equine on Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mane Event Equine

Postby Des » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:14 pm

I watch as my mare reared and neighed, her ears pinned, eyes narrowed. The mare snorted and pawed in the air, she was not going though the chute. I watch as all the horses ran though, but not her mare. My mare was smart, it took two men to push her in, then once in she put up a heck of a fight, she reared and neighed, not letting them get the shots she needed, along with the dewormer. I watched as one of the men put two rope halters on her, so she could be lead by to people and not just one. After a burling 10 or 20 minutes of fighting and struggling, the chestnut mare was finally loaded in the trailer. I sighed as she could hear the mare kicks and neighs. I knew this was going to be hard, but I did not know how hard. Once I had everything I needed, I hoped in the front seat of the truck and gave my mom the all clear to go. We where on the raod again, back to Mane Event we went, I winced every time the mare kicked the trailer, I hoped that she could not hurt herself.
Des

Postby Mane Event Equine » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:58 pm

Mom backed up to a gate which the cowboys opened. They then jumped out of the small pen and released My boy, and LeAnne's mare into the tiny area. My horse shot out like a bullet but stopped dead when he saw the trailer. The cowboys waived whips and flags and made all kinds of noise from on top of the fence. "they look like baboons," I said to LeAnne. My gelding charged at them, but didn't know which one to target. Eventually they sent in a Cowboy on a horse to chase them into the trailer. Mom slammed the door quickly and the two horses mercilessly beat the inside of the trailer. Mom hopped in the truck. "Hurry up Rider, get in, they should calm down when we are moving." I hopped in and we left in a hurry. I could see Lizzy waving frantically in the background with Alex standing next to her. Their mustangs where getting ready to be put into the chutes.
Mane Event Equine

Postby Kimi » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:37 pm

Blue eyes observed the scene in front of her play out in amusement. Two cowboys easily walked Alexander's gelding into the chute but when they turned around to get the chestnut they got a less than pleasant surprise. The gelding spun himself until his rear faced one of the cowboys and he kicked out with a leg, nailing the male hard in the shoulder as the other attempted to distract him and draw him away. Elizabeth's smile widened and she let out a laugh while rolling her eyes. A rider atop a quarter horse appeared in the pen and chased the chestnut into the chute, his ears were pinned back as he galloped through the chute but he ended up colliding into another gelding. The shots were administered quickly into both geldings but a vet was taken off guard when Elizabeth's mustang bit down hard onto their hand, they pulled away with a shout of pain before glaring at him in annoyance. "Looks like I was wrong in thinking that he would go without a fight." The blonde quirked her brow and shared a look with her brother. Finally they were shoving the two into their two horse trailer and pulling out of the property and heading home.
"Do or Do Not, there is no try."
~Yoda
Kimi

Postby Mane Event Equine » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:10 am

We arrived at Mane Event Equestrian center around 4pm. Mom backed the trailer up to one of the round pen gates and LeAnne and I got out to let the mustangs out of the trailer. It was a miracle they hadn't kicked the walls down. I opened the trailer door and let both of the horses out into the round pen, then shut the gate and gave mom the all clear that she could go park. I then grabbed a whip to use if I needed to, and opened the gate that lead to the aisle between the mustang runs. Joy had already arrived and taken one of the pens. I sent my boy though the gate and quickly shut it before LeAnne's mare could follow. I opened the gate for one of the runs on the end of the aisle and chased my mustang in. He charged at me as I started to shut the gate, and I raised my whip high to prevent being killed. I stared hard into his black eyes. They looked dead. I was staring into a black nothingness that had no reason or control. I watched his eyes as he stood stark still. "I need to communicate with the dead, How the hell do I do that"? Rider thought carefully. Suddenly it came to him, the perfect name. "Necromancer" He said aloud. "your name is Necromancer." He could have swore he immediately saw a fire start in those eyes that had just been cold and black, but he shrugged it off and latched the gate. Then he went to see if LeAnne needed help getting her mare in a pen.
Mane Event Equine

Postby Des » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:30 pm

As we pulled into Mane Event I jumped out of the truck and ran to one of the round pens. I opened the gate so my mom could back the trailer up. After that i used a long huck to open the trailer door, it slammed on the ground with a bang. Even before the door was fully opened my mare was already umping out of the trailer into the pen. After I closed the trailer up and my mom pulled away, I quickly closed the gate to the round pen. Since I was the first person here I quickly ran to the barn to tack up my stallion. I ran to the tack room grabbing his saddle, bridle, breastplate,and his saddle pad. After tacking him up I mounted him and nudged him into a gallop. As we galloped over to the round pen I dismounted opened the gate and lead the stallion in. Then I shut the gate and mounted again, I opened the gate on the other side that lead to an aisle where the pens where aligned on each side. I used a whip and get my mare into the aisle. Champ ran though as well, as like a body bearer so she would not run out. Soon I got her into a pen, I watched as she reared and neighed in protest. I smiled "You are very sassy.' I gasped 'I know what you name should be Sassafras" I watched as the mare spun around and for the first time was clam, she looked at me and blinked, nothing more.
Des

Postby Mane Event Equine » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:52 pm

I let Necromancer settle in for the night. I tossed him some hay and filled his water buckets. I planned on working with him in the morning and giving him the night to get accustomed to his new area. He screamed and pranced around the pen. I watched his body language as he threw a fit. I developed a plan of action for the next day. He didn't seem overly curious, and was quite aggressive, so I knew that I couldn't use his curiosity to my advantage. I decided to go straight to round pen work. I didn't think letting him come to me was a viable option, so I needed to establish my position as leader of the heard as soon as possible.
Mane Event Equine

Next

Return to Roleplay