The Cimarron Herd | RP Thread

Let your imagination reign!

Postby Arabian Heritage » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:14 pm

The story I want to tell you, can not be found in a book. They say the history of the West was written from the saddle of a horse. But it's never been told from the heart of one. Not until now. I was born here. In this place that would come to be called the "Old West" but to my kind, the land was ageless. It had no beginning and no end. No boundary between earth and sky. Like the wind in the Buffalo grass, we belong here. We will always belong here. They say the mustang is the spirit of the West. Whether that West was won or lost in the end, you have to decide for yourself. But the story I want to tell you is true. I was there, and I remember. I remember the sun, and the sky and the wind calling my name. In the time when the wild horses ran free.

In my years, I grew from colt to stallion. As wild and as reckless as thunder over the land. Racing with the eagle. Soaring with the wind. Flying? There were times I believed I could. Like my father before me, I became leader of the Cimarron herd. And with that honor came responsibility.
- Spirit Stallion of the Cimarron

The New Land

The Mountains: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... fabd6e.jpg
The Valley: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rayUUPz8_AU/T ... und_01.jpg
The Plains: http://www.yorikoito.com/wp-content/upl ... print1.jpg
The River: http://www.g-nomeproject.com/bgimages/Spirit_2.jpg
The Lake: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... d4c8fa.jpg
The Ravine: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-isvCr5yIjIU/T ... nd_07b.jpg
The Tride Campsite: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... b75fc4.jpg

The Rules
1. Follow all HEE rules, obviously
2. There will be no human characters other than the Indians that cross the herd's path every so often (if horses want to and start getting captured, I may remove this rule and the tribe can adopt some characters)
3. No godmoding
4. Yes, fighting within and outside the herd is inevitable, I know. So no controlling damage of other characters and no auto hits (ex. "The stallion reared and kicked the challenger in the jaw with his hooves. The blow was so hard it broke his jaw and the misplaced bones crushed his throat, killing him." Like, c'mon! No one can respond to that! Instead, try: "the stallion reared up to his challenger with flailing hooves as he struck out at him to inflict damage." Something like this that gives the other character a choice in the events during a fight)
5. Have Fun and place the secret code in your form to join or you won't be accepted.
If you read and accept to follow these rules, continue scrolling down to the form and create your character. Be sure to include the word, "Cimarron" under "other" or your application will immediately denied.

Ranks

Lead Stallion:
Spirit
Lead Mare:
Rain
Mares:
Lakota
Adsila
Moon Rain
Kethara
Stallions:
Foals:

Loners:
Nazûl

My definition of love is being willing to die for someone that you yourself want to kill.

Like, if someone broke into my house and held a gun at someone I love I would jump in front of them like, "Wait, don't shoot! ... Let me do it."
Arabian Heritage

Re: The Cimarron Herd | RP Thread

Postby Arabian Heritage » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:15 pm

(I will post after school this afternoon.)

My definition of love is being willing to die for someone that you yourself want to kill.

Like, if someone broke into my house and held a gun at someone I love I would jump in front of them like, "Wait, don't shoot! ... Let me do it."
Arabian Heritage

Postby Kimi » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:21 pm

(So since I'm RPing four different characters and have to write in four separate personalities, each POV is going to be a bit short, but when I do posts after this I'll try to have at least two in each one to kinda calm it down.)

Rain

A paint mare rolled playfully in the long grass, green tendrils mixing with the cream color of her mane as she did so. Sitting up, she took in the sweet smells of wild flowers and shook out her mane, flaring her nostrils at the onslaught of scents. Her gaze dragged up the bark of the tree she laid under and to the apples that hung from its limbs. A shiver went through her body at the bittersweet memories that the fruit brought forth, she missed her friend dearly but she had to remind herself that now she had Spirit and her little girl, Lakota. Her head swiveled to gaze above her, hues of purple, orange, and blue blotted the sky.

Adsila

Shaking the sleep from her mind, Adsila gracefully got to her feet and peered around herself. She only spotted a few other mares that were awake aside from herself and were quietly grazing. Deciding to head out to get some water before the majority of the herd awoke, she began walking down towards the valley. As she passed through the herd, she happened upon Nakai and Totsi who were curled up in sleep. Discomfort was etched across the stallions face but Totsi only had a look of pure content as she dozed off into her dreams, Adsila couldn't help but snicker at the sleeping siblings. The brown mare continued on her way and nodded to Rain who was laying beneath a large apple tree and enjoying the morning, obviously pleased with the look of having another day free of rain or any bad weather in general. Soft tendrils of long grass brushed against her coat and left a sweet scent along her flank that she adored whilst she kept her head high and stayed alert for any predators. Stopping before the pond, she tentatively stepped forward and took her time drinking the crystal clear water before wading into its depths, she immensely enjoyed playing in the water, it reminded her of being a filly and having no cares in the world.
"Do or Do Not, there is no try."
~Yoda
Kimi

Postby Arabian Heritage » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:08 am

Are you guys still here?)

The river was cold, but on a warm day as this one, the cool water droplets that splashed upon the grullo's coat as she marched against the swift current were quite refreshing. The mare's gait was slightly labored by a mysterious limp that she herself, assumed was acquired sometime around or even at birth. It was almost undetectable on her good days. Her mane draped over the left side of her thick neck in long, grey locks, tickling the start of her shoulders. Her furious tail lashed out like a surpent's tongue behind her round hips. True, her appearance wasn't as flashy as it could have been if she were properly groomed but it reflected her life of three long years as one well earned. The mare flicked her audits around as her green freckled, teal eyes scanned the land around her. Her vision was strained in her right eye when she tried to focus on the far away objects. This disadvantage was yet another she had been gifted with before her first breath of life but her coping with this one was less controlled than that with her limp. Leaving the shiny waters, Lakota moved towards the apple orchard near by.

She lifted her silver plumage with a flick as stood, looking up at a green apple hanging above her head, just out of reach. A smirk faintly appeared across her muzzle and she lifted her body into the air. Her neck extended as out far as it would allow and barely nipped at the apple's skin. She came down with a earthly thud glaring at the fruit which saught to evade her grasp. After a moment's glare, the apple fell to the dirt, its stem weakened from the bump it endured. The mare snorted triumphantly before laying her head down to devour the food.

Arabian Heritage

Postby Kimi » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:10 am

I'm still here, just waiting for a few more posts before I go again. :D))
~Yoda
Kimi

Postby Des » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:37 pm

Moon walked to the top of the mountain. She was a rule breaker, and it drove most of the herd insane. If you asked anyone what they though about Moon, you would get an ear full of stuff. And I don't mean nice stuff. The thing about Moon is that she wants to play and explore, but the rest of her herd dose not want that. They want to stay hidden where no one can find them. Moon on the other hand wants to see the world for what it really is, though she has had plenty of talking to from Spirit about it. Moon neighed as she stood and watch the sun creap into the valley, the one place she has known since birth, it's rays turning everything to a golden color. Moon smiled, then sight she had to get back before anyone knew she was gone.
Des

Postby Kimi » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:50 am

Nakai

The young stallion stood confidently on his own, looking over the herd with melancholy in his heart for it was almost time that he would have to leave. This was his home and would always be but the time was coming for him to find a mare and go off and start his own herd and create a new family. Although it saddened him greatly, he couldn't help but be excited for what was to come. Then there was his sister. Nakai didn't know whether or not she would follow him, he knew that she would be upset however if he left without telling her first. Shaking out his mane, he began to walk back to the herd to see if Totsi had awoken yet.

Totsi

When the mare woke up she noticed her brothers' absence and assumed he had gone off to get a drink. Shaking the sleep from her hazed mind, Totsi made her way down to the river and spotted Adsila playing in the water with a joyous expression. The suns rays' made the crystal water sparkle and seem ethereal, even highlighting the features of the brown mare that splashed around. The paint mare excitedly galloped the rest of the way, easily closing that distance between herself and the river before jumping into the cool water and joining in on Adsila's play.
~Yoda
Kimi

Postby eve » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:36 pm

We have a new rule, fandom roleplays are no longer allowed on the forum. Please see the roleplay rules in the game guide: http://www.horseeden.com/help.php#roleplay
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Need help? Please contact the following groups
Help Me Page - All gameplay questions should be directed here, or posted in the Help Section on the forum.
Moderators - Questions concerning artwork, crediting, rules, rule breaking and member conflicts should be directed here.
Admin - Questions concerning reporting abuse, exploits, paypal issues, or other administrative type things not listed above should be directed here.
eve
Site Admin

Return to Roleplay