The Cimarron Herd | Sign Ups

Let your imagination reign!

Postby Arabian Heritage » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:30 am

The story I want to tell you, can not be found in a book. They say the history of the West was written from the saddle of a horse. But it's never been told from the heart of one. Not until now. I was born here. In this place that would come to be called the "Old West" but to my kind, the land was ageless. It had no beginning and no end. No boundary between earth and sky. Like the wind in the Buffalo grass, we belong here. We will always belong here. They say the mustang is the spirit of the West. Whether that West was won or lost in the end, you have to decide for yourself. But the story I want to tell you is true. I was there, and I remember. I remember the sun, and the sky and the wind calling my name. In the time when the wild horses ran free.

In my years, I grew from colt to stallion. As wild and as reckless as thunder over the land. Racing with the eagle. Soaring with the wind. Flying? There were times I believed I could. Like my father before me, I became leader of the Cimarron herd. And with that honor came responsibility.
- Spirit Stallion of the Cimarron

Background

The plot of this story takes place after Spirit and Rain return to the Cimarron herd. After his life changing journey, Spirit had decided it best to move his family from their homelands, away from the approaching threat of the humans building the Northern Pacific Railroad which would plow straight through their territory. Most of the mustang herds had the same dream of a new, prosperous land, but unfortunately, most did not make it. The U.S. Army rounded up every single wild horse they could find, broke them, and recruited them into their ranks. The location of Cimarron Herd was lost in the chaos. Most probably thought they hadn't been able to escape and suffered the same fate as the other herds somewhere across The West. And some knew better.

Many years later, the secret location of the herd's whereabouts finally came to light. In truth, they did in fact found a sanctuary to hide their existence for so long. It was very similar to their homeland but it seemed much safer. There were a few Indian tribes that were still scattered about but neither the herds or Indians bothered one another but there were a few times that they crossed paths. Sometimes, the humans caught a horse or two to break and use around their camp site; others times they went on their way peacefully.

The New Land

The Mountains: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... fabd6e.jpg
The Valley: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rayUUPz8_AU/T ... und_01.jpg
The Plains: http://www.yorikoito.com/wp-content/upl ... print1.jpg
The River: http://www.g-nomeproject.com/bgimages/Spirit_2.jpg
The Lake: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... d4c8fa.jpg
The Ravine: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-isvCr5yIjIU/T ... nd_07b.jpg
The Tride Campsite: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... b75fc4.jpg

The Rules
1. Follow all HEE rules, obviously
2. There will be no human characters other than the Indians that cross the herd's path every so often (if horses want to and start getting captured, I may remove this rule and the tribe can adopt some characters)
3. No godmoding
4. Yes, fighting within and outside the herd is inevitable, I know. So no controlling damage of other characters and no auto hits (ex. "The stallion reared and kicked the challenger in the jaw with his hooves. The blow was so hard it broke his jaw and the misplaced bones crushed his throat, killing him." Like, c'mon! No one can respond to that! Instead, try: "the stallion reared up to his challenger with flailing hooves as he struck out at him to inflict damage." Something like this that gives the other character a choice in the events during a fight)
5. Have Fun and place the secret code in your form to join or you won't be accepted.
If you read and accept to follow these rules, continue scrolling down to the form and create your character. Be sure to include the word, "Cimarron" under "other" or your application will immediately denied.

Form

You are free to create and customize your character(s) as you wish BUTT I need two of you to play Spirit and Rain because, who is the Cimmaron Herd without Spirit and Rain? If you would like to play either one just shoot me a quick PM. ;)

Name:
Breed Resemblance (optional):
Color:
Personality:
Bio:(optional)
Mate:
Offspring:
Other:

Ranks

Lead Stallion:
Spirit
Lead Mare:
Rain
Mares:
Lakota
Adsila
Moon Rain
Kethara
Stallions:
Foals:

Loners:
Nazûl
Last edited by Arabian Heritage on Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:46 pm, edited 7 times in total.

My definition of love is being willing to die for someone that you yourself want to kill.

Like, if someone broke into my house and held a gun at someone I love I would jump in front of them like, "Wait, don't shoot! ... Let me do it."
Arabian Heritage

Re: The Cimarron Herd | Sign Ups

Postby Arabian Heritage » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:30 am

Name: Lakota (AKA Kota)
Breed Resemblance (optional): Kiger Mustang
Color: Grulla Tovero Paint
Other: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/mONi7mHEnu8/maxresdefault.jpg
Personality: Lakota is the daughter of Spirit and Rain. She takes very much after her father; from the way she's built, down to her fiery disposition. It's as though his very essence courses through her veins, though her mother's traits are glimmering, hidden in the twinkle of her eyes. Lakota has been shown to be very bold, curious and headstrong. She is highly intelligent, impulsive, and sometimes can be downright arrogant. She is a friendly creature but will turn aggressive to anything that threatens her or her herd.
Despite her outer shell, Lakota can be a lovable, compassionate, and conscientious. She is stubborn and protective as well as brave and bold. She can be blunt but she is kinder to horses she is close to. Lakota is close to her father and shares a deep connected to her sense of freedom and is truly an unbreakable spirit.
Bio:(optional) Lakota was named after the tribe Little Creek, the Native American man who once owned Rain and whom Spirit had saved and in return, did the same for the stallion many years ago. The filly was born just before the herd's madien voyage to their new home but she doesn't remember too much of the journey as she was only a few weeks old. However, their times of hardship were forever edged in her brain.
As a new three year old this year, the young mare has a bright path to embark on in her new chapter of life. She doesn't hold a rank as she is in reserve for lead mare after her parents' reign is over. Typically you can find her jumping around and helping out as needed and doing what she pleases. More recently, Lakota has developed a distaste for her future as a leader. She isn't afraid of the weight of responsibility but rather she has an adventurous side that desires to be fed and won't be ignored. Lakota longs to explore the lands beyond their hidden world and live her own adventures like the stories told by her father.
Mate: None
Offspring: None
(just came in age of reproduction)
Other: "Cimarron"
Last edited by Arabian Heritage on Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My definition of love is being willing to die for someone that you yourself want to kill.

Like, if someone broke into my house and held a gun at someone I love I would jump in front of them like, "Wait, don't shoot! ... Let me do it."
Arabian Heritage

Postby Nazûl » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:06 am

Name: Nazûl
Breed resemblance:
Color: Black
Personality: The stallion has a cold heart, and a battle ready temper. He is not one to challenge for he is ruthless. He needs someone who will stand bravely at his side, but not test his rage. Someone to soften his heart.
Bio: After being caught as a young colt it is believed he has ties to Strider. After escaping it became clear the colt had grown into a scarred, stone cold stallion from the pain he endured. He now roams as a loner stallion near the herd. Strangely keeping a close eye on them.
Mate: None yet
Offspring: Sired several horses for military
Other: APPEARANCE: (Note that this is MY character. A friend designed him for me. Lines belong to rightful owner. I am the only one allowed to use this)
http://radioactive-one.deviantart.com/a ... -609001660
I may be on the side of the Angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them.
- Sherlock

When I was younger I was named the generation Unafraid. For heirs to come, Be Brave.
Nazûl

Postby Kimi » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:26 pm

(I absolutely love Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron, and it's good to see you again Arabian! I hope you're doing well. :D)
Name: Adsila
Breed Resemblance (optional): Mustang
Color: http://img08.deviantart.net/d9d3/i/2012 ... 4za8ty.jpg
Personality: Despite her past, she's as sweet as can be. She's never hated anybody and always tries to see the light in any situation. She's not one for getting into fights but that doesn't mean she's inexperienced. She has flash backs of when she was captured (PTSD of sorts). She's outgoing and wants as many friends as possible, it's hard to dishearten her spirit.
Bio:(optional) Adsila belonged to a Native American tribe before English settlers destroyerd her tribe and captured her. Only a foal at the time, it was the perfect age for them to begin training her. She was put through hell and back with those humans and never again had she been the same. She managed to escape when her rider took her on his rounds about the fort and ran for her life, that's when she found Spirit and Rain. She owes them her life.
Mate: None yet.
Last edited by Kimi on Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Do or Do Not, there is no try."
~Yoda
Kimi

Postby Des » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:40 pm

Name: Moon Rain
Age; 5
Color: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... e4c518.jpg
Personality: Moon is a sweet loving, and caring mare. She has seen a lot, and some of it no one had ever seen before. She is an escapee from a train wreck that was carrying the army's horses. She can be proactive, and bad tempered, she is nt always with the herd, sometimes she is out in the plain's or relaxing by the lake. She had one foal, but he was trained and sent in the army.
Bio: Moon was and escapee from a train wreck ,that was carrying the army's horses, when she was 4. She has had one foal, a strong black colt, he was trained and was put in the army. Moon is wild at birth, but her herd was captured and put in the army when she was only a yearling. She was raised and train by them to help kill others in battle, with her hooves.
Mate: none yet
Offspring: http://www.theblackstallion.com/attachm ... allion.jpg
Other: "The Cimarron Is My Home Now" - Moon

(So glad to have you back Arab!!! :D )
Des

Postby Arabian Heritage » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:35 pm

Everyone is accepted! Thank you, I have fully recovered and I'm doing very well. It's good to be back after so long. I missed you guys!! <3 So sorry to have left all the sudden, I just didn't have time and it didn't help that I had lost interest in rping for that time being but I plan to be back for as long as life allows it! XD I literally watched Spirit 4 times back to back last night and low key plan to watch it again once I get home which is why I about to creating this RP. The movie has truly been my favorite since I was two. Beautiful character btw, Cadanza.

Arabian Heritage

Postby Vixen » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:35 pm

Name: Kethara (Pronounced Kee-Thara)
Breed Resemblance (optional): True, Pure Mustang
Color: Buckskin
Personality: Kethara wasn't born into the herd, and she knows she isn't. She's determined to make herself fit in, prove to the others that she is worthy of being there. She's a warrior, by heart with a stubborn personality which tends to make her butt heads with others in the pack. She was aggressive, ready to defend her opinions with the tip of her sharp hoof. She was compulsive, and flirtatious. She was always sympathetic to the right situation. Passionate and powerful she's a good warrior apart from the negative traits.
Bio: Private, you'll fine out later.
Mate: Open
Offspring: Possibly.
Other: Cimarron

Edit Mod: Do not hotlink pics that are not free to use stock! Please follow the rules on how to use art at HEE!

EDIT: I'm always willing to play Spirit OR Rain, if there's no interest in the next few days. If you'd like me to fill out a form, let me know, and I can. More interested in playing Spirit as I prefer playing stallions ;)
Quality TB Breeder since 65
Vixen

Postby Arabian Heritage » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:56 pm

Vixen wrote:EDIT: I'm always willing to play Spirit OR Rain, if there's no interest in the next few days. If you'd like me to fill out a form, let me know, and I can. More interested in playing Spirit as I prefer playing stallions ;)

Vixen, you are more than welcome to play Spirit OR Rain if and whenever you please! :) It's good to see you again, boy, it's been a while since we last spoke. How's Corie?

Arabian Heritage

Postby Kimi » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:58 pm

Name: Totsi
Color: http://www.animationsource.org/sites_co ... ntine2.png
Personality: She's taken after her mother's mischievous and carefree nature as well as the love for her family. She knows the importance of caring for the ones she loves.
Bio: Sister of Nakai. Totsi's mom is not originally from this herd, her birth herd split up after her father (the lead stallion) was killed in a fight with a band of bachelor stallions. Forced to find a new home, her mom found Spirit and Rain whilst mid pregnancy and later died due to difficulties during birth.

Name: Nakai
Color: http://img12.deviantart.net/7cce/i/2014 ... 71zsed.jpg
Personality: Upfront and honest, he's very social. He's strong and wants to help to protect the herd to the best of his ability. Nakai strives to be like Spirit, who inspires him to be more.
Bio: Brother of Totsi.
Offspring: None.
Other: "Cimarron".
Last edited by Kimi on Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Do or Do Not, there is no try."
~Yoda
Kimi

Postby Vixen » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:08 pm

Eh...I'll PM you about Corie. Would you like me to provide a writing example? x) I'd love to play Spirit. I'll send a forum over with a desc. if you need it.
Vixen

Postby Arabian Heritage » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:29 pm

Alright. Spirit is yours! Writing example is not necessary but I will not stop you from writing one. :) If you would please, just post a simple form like the others just so it's there.

Arabian Heritage

Postby Arabian Heritage » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:30 pm

Kimi wrote:(I tried for what feels like hours to search for twin foals that resembled Spirit and Rain but for the life of me I couldn't, sorry for switching it up! :D)

It's okay, theyre both accepted and gorgeous/handsome.

Arabian Heritage

Postby Vixen » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:37 pm

Uggggghhh, I had wrote a reply, and forum but it just got erased DDDX
Vixen

Postby Arabian Heritage » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:36 pm

Uh nooo! :o Gr, I hate when that happens. :(

Arabian Heritage

Postby Scotland Yard » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:42 pm

Name: Moon
Color: grey paint markings
Personality: Quiet and sweet but she can be quick tempered
Mate: none at the moment looking for one
Foals': not yet
Other: Cimmarron
Scotland Yard Estates
Scotland Yard

Next